Pages

Bohemian Kiss

Bohemian: A Person Who Lives an Unconventional Life

Kiss: To Touch Gently or Lightly


You can find me at: www.JenSheaVA.com

Saturday, January 26, 2013

My VA Mentor and Friend...

This is the story of how I got 'here'.

Not long after I met Tracey, I asked her what she does...  You know, part of the usual conversation when you getting to know someone new.  She told me, a VA.   http://www.traceydaviero.com/

Tracey has been a Virtual Assistant for more than 15 years. She was a VA before the term was 'coined'. 

Like most people, I didn't have a clue what she was talking about, but with a short explanation I was intrigued.  Tracey knew that I had many years of Administrative and Management experience and suggested that a career as a VA would be a great fit for me.  She treated me to a coffee and she told me all about her business.  I was hooked.

At the time, it really didn't fit into my life.  I was married and we lived in a rural area with no cable TV (we did have satellite, let alone a reasonable internet service.  Eventually we did get internet but it was pretty slow and expensive.  

I liked my job, but didn't love my job, so I did keep the whole VA  'thing' in mind.  One day, one of the girls in my office told another girl that she had heard about the VA business and it just so happened that I had also mentioned it to her not long before.  Well, the two of us connected and I told her about my friend Tracey.  I suggested that she meet her.

Talk about timing...  We went for dinner with Tracey and asked a hundred questions (maybe more) and as always, she generously answered all our questions.  Then, she told us that she was starting a new business called, Your VA Mentor, and in fact she was planning to launch her first 'course', shortly. I couldn't wait for it to start. Tracey's course can be found at Your VA Mentor - http://www.yourvamentor.com/

At the time I took the course I was still working full time, and although I started learning about creating a website and learning about all the different software that VA's use, I still wasn't able to make the jump.   Almost a year went by and then suddenly an opportunity showed itself to me.  I was offered a one-year contract (covering a maternity leave), which made it a little easier to leave the job and company I had been working for, for over 11 years.  

Fast forward to the last few months, and that contracted ended and my new Virtual Career is on it's way.

Thank you so much Tracey, for everything!  You are a mentor and a good friend.




You can also find Tracey on Facebook.



https://www.facebook.com/traceydavierova
https://www.facebook.com/yourvamentor

Cheers,

Jen :)

http://www.jensheava.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment