Pages

Bohemian Kiss

Bohemian: A Person Who Lives an Unconventional Life

Kiss: To Touch Gently or Lightly


You can find me at: www.JenSheaVA.com

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bohemian Kiss... New Year - New Blog...

It's been a very long time since I have attempted to write a blog post.  I suppose there are several good reasons, but the main reason is fear.  I am afraid I don't really know how to 'blog' and I don't know if anyone would want to read what I've written, let alone ever see what I've written.

It's a new year, (and a big one for me, I'm turning 50 next month) and I finally feel free of a life that has been holding me down, for far too long.  I am very recently divorced from a man who cared about me, but cared a lot more about himself.  For years I convinced myself that it was OK, but the longer I stayed in that relationship, the more I lost myself.  

I am excited about all of the possibilities before me. My very smart, 23 year old daughter, recently said to me: "Mom. Since I was born you did everything for everyone else. I'm fine so you don't need I worry about me, Auntie (my sister)  is fine, she's an adult. And Mum-Mum (my Mother) is going to live another 50 years...  Just do it for yourself".   "No one ever became successful by being selfless, and if they said they did then they lied!"

Such a smart young woman! 

So, with my daughter's blessing, I am off on this new adventure.  I have a short list of things I intend to accomplish this year.  Not really sure where to start, or how I will achieve them but I have ambition and spunk (still, thank goodness because this I thought I lost about 8 years ago).

Stay tuned, I will include my list on my net blog post.  Until then, be well and happy.

Jen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment